Portfolio Performance and Holdings
- Chart based on value of total investments and includes unfunded commitments.
- Multifamily Construction Mortgage-Backed Securities: The Trust invests in fixed-income securities that finance the construction of multifamily properties. These securities generally have credit enhancements from FHA, Ginnie Mae (GNMA), or a letter of credit or repurchase guarantee from an entity rated "A" or better by Standard and Poor's. These securities generally fund over 12-24 months and upon completion of construction, a permanent security is issued. These securities typically generate yields above U.S. Treasury investments with comparable average lives and generally have significant prepayment protections.
- Multifamily Permanent Mortgage-Backed Securities: The Trust invests in securities that are either backed by permanent loans for multifamily properties or by loans for existing single family homes. These FHA, GNMA, Fannie Mae, or Freddie Mac credit enhanced investments typically generate yield spreads above U.S. Treasury investments with comparable average lives. Additionally, multifamily mortgage-backed securities generally have significant prepayment protections.
- State Housing Finance Agency Securities: The Trust invests in securities that, among other things, are: guaranteed or insured by a state or local housing finance agency ("A" rated or better or top tier by Standard and Poor's) and are backed by both construction and permanent loans for multifamily properties; or secured by recourse to such assets of the Housing Finance Agency as to provide protection comparable to a pledge of the agency’s general credit.
- Single Family Mortgage-Backed Securities: The Trust invests in securities that pool individual mortgages from single family homes. The interest and principal cash flows are passed through to the investor of the MBS net of any servicing fees. These Fannie Mae, GNMA, or Freddie Mac credit enhanced investments typically generate yield spreads above U.S. Treasury bonds. There is no prepayment protection on these securities meaning payments could be more than the scheduled amount.
- Construction and Permanent Mortgages: The Trust invests in loans used to finance the purchase, refinance or construction of a property.